Anthony Recreation Center
The Anthony Recreation Center Grand Opening Ceremony takes place on May 21 with an Open House on May 22. Details will be updated as they become available!
- Anthony Recreation is located at 2415 Browning Avenue on the westside of Manhattan
- Contact Center Manager, Kelly Walters
- Contact Assistant Center Manager, Mike Buchanan
Regular Hours of Operation
- Monday thru Thursday, 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Friday, 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday, 9:00 AM - 6 PM
- Sunday, 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Summer Hours (Memorial Day-Labor Day)
- Monday thru Thursday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Friday, 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Saturday, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Sunday, 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Closed New Years Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day & Christmas Day
There is no cost for daily walk-in use but all participants are required to have a CivicRec account and must check-in at the front desk each visit. Register for your Civic Rec account online here.
Participants under the age of 11 must be accompanied by an adult or legal guardian age 18 or older.
Visitors to the Anthony Recreation Center can enjoy:
- 4 Basketball Courts
- 4 Volleyball Courts
- 8 Pickleball Courts
- Portable Indoor Turf
- 2 - Batting Tunnels
- 3-Lane Elevated Walking Track (10 laps = 1 mile)
- Multi-Purpose Room (can be divided into 2 spaces)
- Catering Kitchen/Concession Stand (events only)
- Officials Change Rooms
- Spectator Viewing Areas
- TV/Media Lounge Area
- Lobby/Front Lounge Area
Information coming soon!
Information on leagues, activities, and reserved drop-in programs will be available at the recreation center when it opens.
2021 Rental information for Anthony Recreation Center
Anthony Recreation Center will begin taking rental reservations in JUNE. More information is coming soon!
|Hourly Court Rental Rates||# Available||Non-Commercial Rate||Commercial Rate|
|Full Court Basketball/Volleyball/Pickleball||4||$45/hr||$90/hr|
|Hourly Turf Rental Rates||# Available||Non-Commercial Rate||Commercial Rate|
|Full Field (2 courts)||4||$100/hr||$200/hr|
|Small Field (1 court)||2||$50/hr||$100/hr|
|Multi-Purpose Room Rental Rates||# Available||Non-Commercial Rate||Commercial Rate|
|Half Room (A or B)||2||$25/hr||$50/hr|
|Kitchen/Concession Rental Rates||# Available||Non-Commercial Rate||Commercial Rate|
|Full kitchen or concession||1||$20/hr||$40/hr|
|All Court Rental/Tournament Rates||# Available||Rate|
|Sat/Sun All Courts (8:00 AM - 8:00 PM)||4||$2500|
|Single Day All Courts (8:00 AM - 8:00 PM)||4||$1500|
|Partial Single Day (8:00 AM - 4:00 PM)||4||$1000|
|2 Court Rental/Tournament Rates||# Available||Rate|
|Sat/Sun 2 Courts (8:00 AM - 8:00 PM)||2||$1250|
|Single Day 2 Courts (8:00 AM - 8:00 PM)||2||$750|
|Partial Day 2 Courts (8:00 AM - 4:00 PM)||2||$500|
|Full Turf Rental/Tournament Rates||# Available||Rate|
|Sat/Sun Full Field (8:00 AM - 8:00 PM)||1||$1300|
|Single Day Full Field (8:00 AM - 8:00 PM)||1||$800|
|Partial Day Full Field (8:00 AM - 4:00 PM)||1||$550|
|Additional Fees - Tournaments/Events||Non-Commercial Rate||Commercial Rate|
|Non-Refundable Deposit (applied to rental)||per event||$500||$500|
|Admission Fee (if gate is being collected)||per event/day||$100||$200|
|Vendor Fee (with applicable City permit)||per event/vendor||$50||$100|
|Banner Display Fee||per event||$25||$50|
|Tables/Chairs Set-Up Fee||per event||$25||$50|
|AV System Set-Up Fee||per event||$25||$50|
|Turf Set-Up Fee||per event||$100||$200|
|Extra Supervision - Hourly Staff||per hour||$12||$12|
- Masks are required in the facility and social distancing guidelines determined by the current ordinance or health order are in effect.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the facility.
- Please STAY HOME if you are sick!
Rules & Regulations
- Clean court shoes must be worn while participating in sports activities. Non-Athletic shoes/boots/sandals/high heels/flip flops are not allowed on the playing surface.
- Only water bottles are allowed in the gym areas, no other drink or food is allowed.
- Dunking or hanging on the basketball rims is not permitted.
- MPRD is not responsible for any lost or stolen items in the facility.
- Animals are not permitted in the recreation center unless they are service animals used in aiding an individual.
- Solicitation, selling or advertising is not permitted at the recreation center unless authorized by Recreation Director or Parks & Recreation Director. (Reference Ord. 6920)
- Smoking or the use of E-cigarettes are not permitted in the recreation center or within 20 feet of any access point. (Reference Ord. No. 7465)
- Chewing tobacco or other smokeless tobacco products are not permitted in the center.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in or on the premises of the recreation center. (Reference Ord. 7379)
- Gang paraphernalia is not permitted in or on the premises of the recreation center.
- Patrons are expected to conduct themselves in an orderly and respectful manner. Anyone displaying inappropriate behavior will be asked to leave. See Code of Conduct below:
Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct is established to ensure that there will be a safe, healthy, and positive environment for all. This policy governs all the conduct of staff, facility users, participants, coaches, volunteers, and spectators of any program or activity conducted within the facility. All MPRD employees have the authority to enforce this policy along with any rules of the facility and programs taking place at the facility. The details of the Code of Conduct are as follows:
- Show respect for all individuals and property.
- Do not use inappropriate language.
- Do not cause bodily harm to self or others or unwanted body contact.
- Demonstrate self-control and conduct yourself appropriately.
- Follow all facility and sports rules