Little Apple Day Camp
Kids who have completed Kindergarten through 7th grade will enjoy a summer full of arts, crafts, swimming, excursions and more at this Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) licensed day camp. It is based in the City Park Pavilion and runs weekdays 7:30 am to 5:30 pm. All trips and activity fees are included in the session cost. Snacks are provided, and lunch is provided by Unified School District (USD) 383. Attendees may take swimming lessons for an additional fee.
Registration will begin March 30th, 2020.
Sessions fill up quickly so register early! To reserve your spot we require half payment up front for each session (full payment due one week prior to each session’s start date). If you are willing to pay in full you can do so online. If you are making a half payment, you will have to call or come into our office at 1101 Poyntz Avenue.
|Session 1||June 1 through June 26||$510|
|Mini Session||June 29 through July 2|
(Excluding July 3)
|Session 2||July 6 through July 31||$510|
Before you jump into filling out the 2020 Registration Packet (document is being updated) please read all information outlined on this page.
The registration form is now a fillable PDF, however, the signature lines must be filled out by hand, as KDHE does not allow digital signatures. The 20+ lines of locations we may travel to is a lot of signatures, however, the more we have signed here, the less we will have to have signed during camp time.
This packet is significantly shorter than in past years, in hopes of saving your time and ours. This now means that everything in this packet must be filled out (with the exception of the optional back page). KDHE has granted us permission to use this form as long as they have all the information they need during our inspection so please make sure these pages are filled out in their entirety. If anything is missing we will contact you prior to the start of camp.
One last thing before you get to filling the packet out, we are still not allowing these to be turned in electronically/via email. When you bring these into the Manhattan Parks and Recreation Department office located at 1101 Poyntz Avenue, you will have one other page that will need to be filled out and notarized. We have staff here at all times that will be able to notarize this additional page for you so don’t worry about finding a notary.
- If your child did not attend a public or accredited non-public school in Kansas, Missouri or Oklahoma the previous year or if your child’s or youth’s immunizations are not current: Please complete the Health History Form (document is being updated)
- If your child must take medications for any reason, one of the following forms must be included in your registration packet:
- Short Term Medication Authorization (document is being updated)
- Long Term Medication Authorization (document is being updated)
- If your child will need to Self-Administer any of their above medications the following form must be included in your registration packet: Authorization for Self-Administration (document is being updated)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- 2020 Parent Manual (document is being updated)